Innuos Statement Next-Gen
Experience high-end audio performance with the Innuos Statement Next-Gen music server. Enjoy flawless playback, seamless integration with your favorite streaming services, and effortless control with the Innuos Sense app. Upgrade your music listening experience today.
Designed to take music streaming to the next level
"The new power supply transforms the Statement in ways I wasn't expecting. I've had some experience of the Statement first hand (although not in review) and it has always struck me as being a powerful and detailed performer with excellent soundstaging and great presence in the room. None of those things have changed, but now the Statement has even more precision and control, more dynamic range and energy. In fact, it improves almost every aspect of the Statement, and by no small margin." - Alan Sircom, Hifi + (full review in the link below)
The STATEMENT Next-Gen is the result of Innuos ongoing Research and Development efforts in close collaboration with the long-term partner Dr. Sean Jacobs. The impressive improvement in sound quality is achieved by an innovative power supply design and significant component upgrades:
The Power section uses two custom-designed ARC6 AC/DC modules - each containing a new high-precision Active Rectifier board, a massive 10mH DC Choke and almost 4 times more capacitance provided by six Mundorf caps. The ARC6 modules are mounted on the new Adaptive Vibration Control (AVC) platform, a combination of Panzerholz wood with a specific density gel layer, which is highly effective at dampening high-frequency vibration coming from the chassis.
In the music server section, the regulator modules include a dedicated CPU Booster module, providing up to 15A of current to the CPU for faster transients. All rails are further smoothed by new Audio Note KAISEI capacitors benefitting all the main components: Motherboard, USB Reclocker, Ethernet Clock module and SSD.
The results are crystal clear: The Innuos Statement Next-Gen delivers increased realism with even more detailed textures, expansive soundstage and improved dynamics.
Double Enclosure Linear Power Supply
- New power supply architecture with 8 independent rails designed in partnership with Dr. Sean Jacobs.
- Separately enclosed AC/DC conversion stage to isolate transformer vibration and EMI emissions.
- Regulation stage within main system enclosure to shorten the clean DC power path.
The advantage is clear: The Statement's regulated ‚Äúclean" power traverses a very short path, soldered point to point, with the least impedance and exposure to EMI. This is superior in efficiency compared to a traditional architecture where a separate power supply is used - Innuos has done their best to remove the extra connections, runs of wire, everything that makes power vulnerable to EMI.
8 Independent Power Rails
- Reduces electrical noise generated by regulators' voltage conversions.
- An individual dedicated power supply for each critical component.
2. Ethernet Re-Clocking
- Innuos-designed USB board with a dedicated 5V power line.
- Independently powered 3ppb OCXO clock for higher precision and lower phase noise.
- Custom motherboard exclusively designed for Innuos.
- The use of very high-precision OCXO clocks for timing the signals
- Extreme care in powering important components preventing cross-contamination
- Extremely short paths between components.
While the use of OCXO clocks is not new, the way they are powered and the layout of the board has proven to be extremely important for their performance. As an example, dozens of USB controllers were analysed in terms of how they were powered and clocked so that they allowed this control to be done externally. The USB Controller is regulated by no less than 3 ultra-low noise regulators, one per independent voltage.
Keeping the clock very close to the controllers, via a dedicated track on the board itself, also helps to avoid the losses in signal quality that come with the use of external clock units.
3. USB Re-Clocking
The USB re-clocker on the Innuos Statement is also designed in-house. It uses very high precision OCXO clocks, high quality components, and short paths between components on their custom designed circuit boards. Innuos goes above and beyond typical OCXO clock implementation by optimizing circuit board layout and even implementation of power to the circuits.
The USB Controller is regulated by no less than 3 ultra-low noise regulators, one per independent voltage. Keeping the clock very close to the controllers, via a dedicated track on the board itself, also helps to avoid the losses in signal quality that come with the use of external clock units.
4. Custom Mother Board
Innuos further optimized performance by designing their own mother board. By optimizing parts placement to keep circuit paths short while at the same time minimizing noise, maximum sonic performance is realized.
The BIOS settings are optimized for the lowest hardware noise without impairing performance. Further EMI treatment is then applied to the motherboard so that EMI is absorbed rather than reflected to other components.
Housed in a 10mm thick casing of CNC-machined aluminum, the Statement is visually attractive. The thick metal enclosure helps to isolate external EMI, and its weight helps dampen harmful vibration into the system. By using a double-enclosure design, it also helps to contain the vibration effects of the massive 540VA toroidal transformer used in the linear, regulated and "optimized for audio" power supply.
- Hi Fi+ - Alan Sircom, Jan 2023
Innuos Statement Next-Gen Specs
- Digital Output Re-clocked USB 2.0 supporting USB Audio Class 2
- DoP, Native DSD and MQA
- Re-clocked dedicated Ethernet Streamer Port
- Ethernet 2 x rear panel RJ45 - Bridged Gigabit Ethernet
- USB 2x USB 2.0 (1x re-clocked, 1x non-reclocked), 1x USB 3.0 (Backup)
- CD Formats Red Book
- Disc Compatibility CD, CD-R, CD-RW
- Audio format for stored CDs FLAC (zero compression), WAV
- Audio Formats Supported for streaming and playing WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, MP3, MQA (with supported DACs)
- Sample Rates 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4KHz. 192kHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz , up to DSD128 via DoP, Native DSD on selected DACs
- Bit Depths 16bit, 24bit, 32bit
- Web Interface Web Browsers from iOS, Android (4.0 and up) or up-to-date Windows and OS X browsers
- Mobile App for iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows 10
- CD/DVD drive TEAC Slot-loading drive
- Hard Drive 1TB SSD with Vibration and EMI treatment
- CPU Intel Quad Core N4200
- Memory 8GB DDR3 Low-Voltage RAM (4GB Dedicated for RAM Playback)
- UPnP/DLNA Integrated UPnP Server
- Streaming Services Qobuz, Spotify Connect, Tidal, Internet Radio
- Roon Compatibility Roon Core and Roon Bridge
- Average CD Storage Time 5 minutes
- CD Metadata FreeDB, MusicBrainz, Discogs, GD3
- Compatible Music Systems Sonos Multi-room Wireless Music System
- DLNA/UPnP compatible devices
- USB DACs complying to USB Audio Class 2
- USB DACs supporting DSD over DoP protocol
- Selected USB DACs supporting Native DSD
- Network Internet connection to access album metadata when storing CDs, Internet Radio, Streaming Services and software updates
- Network router with at least one available ethernet port
- Premium subscription required for some streaming services such as Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal
- Recommended App (USB Connection Only) iPeng 9 (iOS), OrangeSqueeze (Android), Squeeze Control (Windows 10)
- Mains Supply 230V AC / 115V AC - 8x Internal Linear Power Supply
- Power Consumption 20W when idle, 35W peak
- Fuse: 5x20mm 3.15-4 amp slow blow
- Dimensions Main: 90 x 420 x 350mm (H x W x D)
- Power: 110 x 420 x 350 (H x W x D)
- Weight Main: 8.2kg
- Power: 13.4kg
- Mains Cable
- 2x 0.3m umbilical interconnect
- 2m Ethernet Cable